For more than thirty years I have been caring for children as a licensed childcare provider, nanny and as a baby nurse. My work has given me the opportunity to learn some simple truths about caring for children.
The families I worked with encouraged me to give parenting classes because they liked what they saw and heard when I interacted with children. I preferred to teach children but I was reminded that knowledge is also responsibility so I taught parenting classes. The families lovingly called my skills Dawn Talk. A few years later I started teaching Friendly Communication Skills and Discipline with Dignity in workshops at state and national childcare conferences.
Wishing you peaceful nights and friendly days,
Tools for Peaceful Nights
Child-friendly sleep lessons for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers
New eBook Now Available! – “Baby-Friendly Sleep Lessons”
- Based on over 70,000 hours of hands-on experience as a childcare provider
- Teach your children to enjoy their beds and to get enough sleep
There will be 2nd and 3rd installments in the “Child-Friendly Sleep Lessons” series:
“Toddler-Friendly Sleep Lessons” — for children standing to age 2.
“Pre-Schooler-Friendly Sleep Lessons” — for pre-school-aged children.
Tools for Friendly Days
Child-friendly communications skills for children and parents
DawnTalk childcare audio handbook —“14 Steps to Happier Children” (Digital download)
- Over 100 minutes of communication skills teaching for just $12
- Teaches child-friendly communication skills
- Increases emotional intelligence
- Prepares children for a global community
- Learn discipline with dignity — respectful and compassionate non-punitive discipline
Private consultations for parents
Dawn now offers DawnTalk private behavior consulting for parents. Click here to get started.